Looking for the Free Microlite20/7x/8x/2020 Rules Downloads?

There are well over 100 free downloads of rules (and more) for Microlite20, Microlite2020, Microlite7x, Microlite 81, and their many variants in the Game Download Library area below. These files can be downloaded without creating a membership on this site.

Update (19 Jun 23):

As I mentioned many weeks ago, maintaining the seldom used Wordpress side of this site became too much of a bother, especially as parts of Wordpress are constantly updating and some those updates break things -- like access to this forum. I'm finally had time to remove it. The forum should stop disappearing from view now.

As many of you know, my wife has had MS for about 20 years now. It has gotten to the stage where helping her takes a lot more of my time that it used to. This means visits to this board have become few and far between. I'm looking for a couple of members willing to help moderate this board. Note that if your idea of good moderation is anything similar the way boards like RPG.net are moderated, do not bother volunteering. Good moderation isn't about forcing your opinions, ideological positions, or biases on members via your power to gag and ban, it is about being helpful to all members (even those you don't like/disagree with), cleaning up after spammers, and enforcing the rules with the lightest hand possible and only doing so when the rules are actually broken. If you are interested in any message board moderation position on any board because of the supposed "power" it will give you, you are (IMHO) the wrong person for the job. If you are interested, PM me. It may taken quite a while to reply, unfortunately.

How to use Feeblemind on monsters with only hit dice?

Description: How to use the Feeblemind spell with hit dice based monsters without stats.

Discussion and Reviews of rules-lite tabeletop RPGs (games like Microlite20, The Black Hack, etc.)

wsc981
Thailand

How to use Feeblemind on monsters with only hit dice?

Post by wsc981 »

The description of Feeblemind states:

Feeblemind: Subject’s MIND score drops to 1.

Many monsters in Purest Essence don't have a MIND score. How to use Feeblemind in such cases? Any recommendations?

0 x

squirewaldo
United States of America

Re: How to use Feeblemind on monsters with only hit dice?

Post by squirewaldo »

It seems to me that the simplest way to apply this is to simply apply the deduction if and when it applies to any activity that would require a MIND Skill Check or Saving Throw. Otherwise ignore it.

0 x
randalls
Site Admin

Post by randalls »

wsc981 wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:06 am

Many monsters in Purest Essence don't have a MIND score. How to use Feeblemind in such cases? Any recommendations?

Is the monster of animal intelligence or less (in your opinion as GM)? Then the spell really doesn't do much too it. If the monster is more intelligent (again in your opinion as GM), then treat it as if it was not intelligent for the duration of the spell. BTW, in 0e the spell only worked on magic-users, but the original description did really say what the effect of the spell was on the target: "A spell usable only against Magic-Users, it causes the recipient to become feeble-minded until the spell is countered with a Dispell Magic."

0 x

RandallS
Playing and Gamemastering Tabletop RPGs Since 1975
Designer: Microlite74, Microlite75, Microlite78, Microlite81, Microlite20 OSS, and others
Compiler: The Microlite20 RPG Collection
Administrator: Rules Light RPGs

wsc981
Thailand

Post by wsc981 »

@randalls Thanks, I guess it makes sense.

I was kinda thinking what happened in Baldur's Gate with Feeblemind and from what I read it would change the sight of the player, pretty much only able to see anything directly besides him. And at that point pretty much ignore anything else happening around him.

Making an NPC act in this way would simulate a creature with little intelligence.

https://baldursgate.fandom.com/wiki/Feeblemind

0 x
randalls
Site Admin

Post by randalls »

wsc981 wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:04 pm

I was kinda thinking what happened in Baldur's Gate with Feeblemind and from what I read it would change the sight of the player, pretty much only able to see anything directly besides him. And at that point pretty much ignore anything else happening around him.

Sounds good to me.

0 x

RandallS
Playing and Gamemastering Tabletop RPGs Since 1975
Designer: Microlite74, Microlite75, Microlite78, Microlite81, Microlite20 OSS, and others
Compiler: The Microlite20 RPG Collection
Administrator: Rules Light RPGs