Looking for the Free Microlite20/7x/8x/2020 Rules Downloads?

There are well over 100 free downloads of rules (and more) for Microlite20, Microlite2020, Microlite7x, Microlite 81, and their many variants in the Game Download Library area below. These files can be downloaded without creating a membership on this site.

A Modern Bard (without magic)

Discussion and Reviews of rules-lite tabeletop RPGs (games like Microlite20, The Black Hack, etc.)

squirewaldo
United States of America

A Modern Bard (without magic)

Post by squirewaldo »

I am trying to create an interesting version of bard for modern settings without magic. I must admit I am a bit stumped as to what 'powers' to give such a character. Any ideas or suggestions?

0 x

randalls
Site Admin

Re: A Modern Bard (without magic)

Post by randalls »

squirewaldo wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:18 pm

I am trying to create an interesting version of bard for modern settings without magic. I must admit I am a bit stumped as to what 'powers' to give such a character. Any ideas or suggestions?

By "without magic" do you mean "without any abilities that have magical effects" or just "without the ability to cast spells"?

0 x

RandallS
Playing and Gamemastering Tabletop RPGs Since 1975
Designer: Microlite74, Microlite75, Microlite78, Microlite81, Microlite20 OSS, and others
Compiler: The Microlite20 RPG Collection
Administrator: Rules Light RPGs

squirewaldo
United States of America

Post by squirewaldo »

Both I guess... but I also am willing to go to 'extraordinary' effects. Just not magical in nature.

0 x
Snorb

Post by Snorb »

The bard from Dark Sun lost out on magic, but in return they got access to a lot of poisons and poisoncrafting. That might be a good starting point.

0 x

I wrote stuff:
The ArrrPG - A game about pirates.
Nakama: A Game of Magical Girls - A game about being Sailor Moon ripoffs PARODIES.
Intervigilum - A PbtA-ish game about being knights against the Dark.