Looking for the Free Microlite20/7x/8x/2020 Rules Downloads?

There are well over 100 free downloads of rules (and more) for Microlite20, Microlite2020, Microlite7x, Microlite 81, and their many variants in the Game Download Library area below. These files can be downloaded without creating a membership on this site.

Update (19 Jun 23):

As I mentioned many weeks ago, maintaining the seldom used Wordpress side of this site became too much of a bother, especially as parts of Wordpress are constantly updating and some those updates break things -- like access to this forum. I'm finally had time to remove it. The forum should stop disappearing from view now.

As many of you know, my wife has had MS for about 20 years now. It has gotten to the stage where helping her takes a lot more of my time that it used to. This means visits to this board have become few and far between. I'm looking for a couple of members willing to help moderate this board. Note that if your idea of good moderation is anything similar the way boards like RPG.net are moderated, do not bother volunteering. Good moderation isn't about forcing your opinions, ideological positions, or biases on members via your power to gag and ban, it is about being helpful to all members (even those you don't like/disagree with), cleaning up after spammers, and enforcing the rules with the lightest hand possible and only doing so when the rules are actually broken. If you are interested in any message board moderation position on any board because of the supposed "power" it will give you, you are (IMHO) the wrong person for the job. If you are interested, PM me. It may taken quite a while to reply, unfortunately.

What's everyone playing???

Off-topic discussions, socializing, humor, and more at the Rules Light RPGs' online pub -- The Prancing Pegasus.

quaffeine
United States of America

What's everyone playing???

Post by quaffeine »

Hey!

I wanna get the discussion started back up around here...

What's everyone playing these days?

m20? Other rules lite? OSR? Full mainstream?

Shadowdark seems to be the darling at the moment, but Knave v2.0 is coming soon...

0 x

Claviger

Re: What's everyone playing???

Post by Claviger »

Olde Swords Reign is an interesting one (With a very cool name) I think it may get it's time in the sun soon, particularly if we get some advanced companion books. I'm also very excited for my Knave 2e book. Putting a map motif on the cover made it kind of irresistable.

0 x
quaffeine
United States of America

Post by quaffeine »

:roll:

Aaaannnddd another one added to the "To Buy" list.

Looks good though, maybe something to "inspire" my ongoing m20 development. :lol:

0 x
quaffeine
United States of America

Post by quaffeine »

It occurred to me that I started this convo and never contributed to it. :lol:

I'm happy to say that our group is an m20 majority, at least in terms of sessions played per system. We have explored some others including The Black Hack, Savage Worlds, and Pathfinder 1E. Pathfinder was a first for me, although not for most the other members. The other members of our group aren't totally sold m20 (yet), slightly moreso on rules light. They will come around. :D

• Right now we're playing Delta Realms, an m20 wasteland setting by yours truly, which adds some extra resource management mechanics like Deprivation (starvation/thirst), brittle stone and wood weaponry, scavenging, and crafting.
  • Crescent City Gothic, which began as a whodunit as a 0 Level one-shot set at a socialite's dinner party in 1790s New Orleans. It continued through Level 6 (I think?) as a low-magic constabulary procedural.
  • A one-shot for NOWULTRARPG called The Laughing Horror and all its excellent puns.
  • A couple of sessions of Fiends and Phantasms of Yankton, a nice change of pace from the older-era settings.
  • Some further fantasy adventuring using the rules that (I believe) became the Ancient Elements RPG.
  • Grit and Bullets, a @squirewaldo production that started as straight Western and quickly turned Weird in the best possible way.
  • A two-shot called "Vermin Under the House," which according to the author was based on "Microlite20 Vermin" from the Collection. Truly m20 tradition here, the rules were sent in a one-page plain text document.
  • Temple of K'Thuuk, which I believe was a starter scenario, though the GM @squirewaldo extended it beyond the initial bounds. The ruleset we used now uses 2d10 instead of a d20 for basic mechanics.
0 x
squirewaldo
United States of America

Post by squirewaldo »

quaffeine wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 3:00 pm

It occurred to me that I started this convo and never contributed to it. :lol:

I'm happy to say that our group is an m20 majority, at least in terms of sessions played per system. We have explored some others including The Black Hack, Savage Worlds, and Pathfinder 1E. Pathfinder was a first for me, although not for most the other members. The other members of our group aren't totally sold m20 (yet), slightly moreso on rules light. They will come around. :D

• Right now we're playing Delta Realms, an m20 wasteland setting by yours truly, which adds some extra resource management mechanics like Deprivation (starvation/thirst), brittle stone and wood weaponry, scavenging, and crafting.
  • Crescent City Gothic, which began as a whodunit as a 0 Level one-shot set at a socialite's dinner party in 1790s New Orleans. It continued through Level 6 (I think?) as a low-magic constabulary procedural.
  • A one-shot for NOWULTRARPG called The Laughing Horror and all its excellent puns.
  • A couple of sessions of Fiends and Phantasms of Yankton, a nice change of pace from the older-era settings.
  • Some further fantasy adventuring using the rules that (I believe) became the Ancient Elements RPG.
  • Grit and Bullets, a @squirewaldo production that started as straight Western and quickly turned Weird in the best possible way.
  • A two-shot called "Vermin Under the House," which according to the author was based on "Microlite20 Vermin" from the Collection. Truly m20 tradition here, the rules were sent in a one-page plain text document.
  • Temple of K'Thuuk, which I believe was a starter scenario, though the GM @squirewaldo extended it beyond the initial bounds. The ruleset we used now uses 2d10 instead of a d20 for basic mechanics.

So the forum is really back up!

0 x